How To Get Better Skin – My Best Tips
Anyone who has a problem with acne wants to find away to get rid of it. Most people turn straight to medication and harsh cleansers, but the best way to tackle acne is by starting with natural treatments.
Medications and special cleansers can help, but the key to having less acne is to have healthy skin, and these natural methods to getting rid of acne also make skin healthier and more vibrant.
1. Drink plenty of water. This will have a great effect on your whole body, not just your skin. Keeping your body hydrated will help keep your skin hydrated.
2. Always drink water a little while before bed. You will be laying in bed for around eight hours and your body starts to become dehydrated.
3. Increase your zinc intake by eating more green leafy vegetables or taking a vitamin supplement. Zinc deficiency can cause breakouts. Vitamin E is also important for skin health.
4. Green tea and fruit juices are great because they are full of antioxidants which are great for your overall health and will also benefit your skin. The antioxidants in green tea can actually help fight the bacteria that causes acne.
5. About a half hour before bathing, apply a natural skin treatment to help get rid of acne. A good mixture is a bit of rose water, honey, and tomato pulp mixed together to make a paste and applied to the skin. Leave it on for about 20-30 minutes and then wash it off.
6. Try to avoid and manage your stress. Stress is a huge cause of acne. Proper exercise, especially things like yoga, can help with that.
7. Keep your hair out of your face and off of your skin. The oils and dirt from your hair can clog your pores, causing more pimples.
8. Avoid heavy make-up. Natural make-up products are better for your skin. During a breakout you should avoid make-up even more.
If you are in the middle of a breakup, consider not wearing make-up while at home or in a situation where you don’t need it. Nobody likes acne, and for most people these 8 tips can keep acne at bay, meaning less of those embarrassing breakouts. The best part is, each of these things will put you on the road to better and healthier skin, with will help prevent future breakouts and leave your skin having a nice, healthy glow.
Benefits Of Natural Cosmetics
Organic cosmetics are becoming more popular as people begin to realise the benefits they have for their skin and also to the environment. Organic cosmetics are not tested on animals which is another factor that makes them more favourable with customers.
There are many benefits to the skin that organic cosmetics have when compared to more traditional types of make up which may contain parabens or petroleum based ingredients. Parabens are sometimes listed as ingredients in products but they may also be listed as fragrances which means people don’t always realise they are using products that contain parabens. Accelerated ageing, disruption to hormones, damage to DNA and even certain cancers are thought to be caused by parabens.
A lot of traditional cosmetics use propylene glycol which is a petroleum based ingredient. This ingredient does not always benefit the skin and can cause problems such as allergic reactions and clogged pores. If pores are blocked then this can lead to acne and other types of spots appearing on the face. The minerals used in organic cosmetics tend to stay on the surface of the skin rather than being absorbed which can help keep pores unblocked. In some cases the use of this propylene glycol has been linked to damage to the liver and kidneys.
Organic cosmetics also benefit the environment. The environment is not harmed by the use of ingredients in organic cosmetics which are mostly naturally occurring ingredients such as essential oils and minerals and plants. Companies that produce organic cosmetics will also often use recycled materials for their packaging.
Whichever type of cosmetics are required, it is easy to find an organic alternative. This includes everything from skin care products such as cleansers and facial scrubs, to make up such as eyeshadows and lipsticks. Products are available for different skin types such as sensitive or dry skin. Users may find that organic cosmetics are better for these skin types than the equivalents that are not organic.
Take a look at Organic MakeUp, many natural choices for your beauty.
7 Common Causes of Acne – Better Skin
There are a lot of misunderstandings about what really cause acne. You always hear about chocolate causing acne or eating oily food. While all that oil may not be the healthiest thing to be eating, it isn’t what is causing those unwanted pimples. Here are a few real reasons for breakouts.
1. Stress is a big cause of breakouts. Ever wonder why you always seem to get a zit before a first date? Or notice a breakout when you already have way too much on your mind? When you are stressed your pores start creating extra oil. This oil coats your skin and gets pulled into your pores. Along with being sure not to miss your daily skin routine while you are stressed, exercise can help you avoid pimples. As you sweat, the oil will be pushed out of your pores. Just be sure to clean your face after you exercise!
2. Don’t over clean you skin. Many people start cleaning their face many times a day and scrubbing harder to try and get rid of their acne. The thing is, if you clean your skin too much it will start to produce more oil to make up for what was cleaned off. Your pores will get filled with that oil, leading to pimples. Washing your face twice a day with a gentle facial cleaner will do wonders. Don’t exfoliate too often either. Twice a week is just fine.
3. Zinc is often used to treat acne, for the simple reason that a zinc deficiency can cause breakouts. Increase your zinc intake to help keep your skin healthy and acne free. You can take a daily vitamin supplement or eat more leafy green vegetables, such as kale.
4. Take a second and think about how often you touch your face. Touching your skin could be what is causing your zits. Do you touch your face to move hair out of your eyes or prop your head up with your hand? Your hands are covered in dirt, oil, and germs from everything you touch through the day. That is the last thing you want on your skin!
5. Your skin health and hair health are very closely connected. Not only does your hair touch your face from time to time, but if your hair is producing extra oil, there is a good chance your skin is too. Keep your hair clean and try to keep it healthy and your skin will become more healthy too.
6. As everyone who has ever been a teen knows, hormone changes also can cause acne. Pregnant women also experience this. Unfortunately, this is one that can’t be fixed too easily since you can’t control your own hormones. Keep yourself hydrated and don’t deviate from your normal facial cleansing routine.
7. The last one is one that a lot of people don’t think of, and that is your cleaning products! Not every skin or hair product will agree with every person. Skin that doesn’t normally breakout may start to breakout after using a new product. It is best to use gentle products that work well for their skin type. If you start breakout more after using a new product you may want to consider changing products.
Now that you know more of the real causes of acne, you can start to take control of your own acne and eat all of the chocolate you want! Okay, maybe not all you want, but you get the idea.
Try this solutions from Alba Botanica