Acnomel Adult Acne Medication Cream
- Acnomel Adult Acne Medication Cream Treats acne, helps prevent new pimples, clears up most acne pimples.
- Effective treatment of adult acne and blemishes.
- Less drying without Benzoyl Peroxide.
Adult Acnomel adult acne medication tinted cream clears up acne pimples and helps prevent new ones from forming. It is an effective treatment of adult acne & blemishes. Helps improve skin texture affected by Rosacea. Less drying does not contain Benzoyl Peroxide.
41 of 46 people found the following review helpful
Great for long-term acne management, August 29, 2011
Jess “The Librarian” (The Midwest)
This review is from: Acnomel Adult Acne Medication Cream – 1.3 Oz (Health and Beauty)
I use this product a bit differently than the average user in that I use it as an acne preventative. Before discovering this product by chance six months ago, my skin was in terrible shape. My face is very sensitive to most chemicals, to the point that I can’t wear most commercial makeup. Acne medications seemed to make my skin worse as opposed to better. Benzoyl peroxide caused my face to peel constantly and salicylic acid seemed to make my face ruddy. I thought I was doomed to have acne forever because I have PCOS which, among other things, can cause oily skin and cystic acne. Everything turned around after I began using Adult Acnomel. This product features resorcinol (a medication used in the treatment of cystic acne, hidradenitis suppurativa, and rosacea) and sulfur (a natural antibacterial) as opposed to the harsher aforementioned agents. Within a month my breakouts had diminished significantly. Six months later, I can confidently say that my skin lacks active infections 95% of the time. When I do have a breakout, it consists of one or two small pustules that go away overnight. I coat my face with a thin layer of this product immediately after washing and moisturizing. It is important to apply the cream while the face is still a bit damp or dewy, so that it will soak into the skin. Although the cream is tinted, I find that it blends into my very pale skin easily if I work quickly and I don’t use too much product (a dab the size of two peas is perfect); darker skin tones, however, may have some issues as the cream is tinted a very generic “Caucasian orange” color. A single tube lasts me about a month and a half. However, I would not recommend using this product with makeup as it can cause foundation to dry out and cake up. A compromise I’ve found is to use Bare Escentuals or other mineral foundation, as it sits on top of the Acnomel as opposed to attempting to settle into the skin. In any case, if you’ve tried every other product on the market without avail, there’s no harm in giving this one a shot.Update, October 2012:
Having used this religiously for a year and a half, I’d like to add a few extra notes about Acnomel.
– It helps reduce ruddiness. Yes, the product is tinted, but I’ve noticed that my skin is clearer when washing. Given that the medication is also appropriate for rosacea, this isn’t shocking. However, it is a very nice side effect!
– It will make skin more sensitive to certain ingredients if one is prone to it. I’m now allergic to the bismuth in Bare Escentuals products, which were recommended in the review above. However, it does seem to calm the skin after using other products, like tea tree oil and salicylic acid. In other words, your mileage may vary.
– It won’t treat blackheads or whiteheads. It does a great job of knocking out cysts, but the hot and nasty summer gave me a nice set of whiteheads. I’m zapping them with Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, 8 Ounce (Pack of 2)–a product that contains many of the same active ingredients as Acnomel–and Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent, Oil Fighting 8 fl oz, a product with 2% salicylic acid. Acnevir Acne & Redness Relief Gel-0.75, oz., a clear gel that contains a lower dose of sulfur than Acnomel, but has the same level of resorcinol as well as 2% salicylic acid, is another option if you are not allergic to aloe vera.
It works!, April 23, 2012
I am not paid by anyone for this, I just have done it all- Accutane, Tazorac, Retin A, Proactiv, antibiotics, peels, etc. Nothing worked. I am using Acnomel in addition to taking Zinc for acne, also bought on amazon. It works for me.
Wow. Impressed., August 31, 2013
Anyway it’s been about two weeks now, and I have been using only the slightest thin layer before bed over problem areas (while using other cleansers and more gentle creams at other various times) and this has absolutely gotten my severe breakout under control. My face is back to sort of a “regular” state (still have some acne) but the mass breakout has finally almost healed up. I’m still going to use it wherever I have the blemishes in order to gain even more control if possible.
BTW the tint really isn’t a big deal…I just use it before bed. All it really does is sort of lessen the red, inflamed look around acne…I don’t think it’s really made to cover anything up because if you use enough to cover up a blemish, it’s going to suck your face dry like a sponge. I don’t think it’s intended to replace foundation…just slightly reduce the pinkish tinge of an inflamed face.
Anyway…great purchase….the tube should last me pretty much forever so it is also a good value. I would have paid twice the price, knowing what I know now about the product. Just be careful to use this extremely sparingly and only at night until you get familiar with how it reacts on your skin. After that, you’re good to go. Thank you Acnomel!!!!